Water Distiller Cleaning Crystals
For cleaning of water distiller
- Availability: In Stock
- RRP: £10.00
You save: £2.00
Water Distiller Cleaning Crystals
The Deluxe Water Distiller and Professional Water Distiller both come with a 250g bottle of cleaning crystals. This is a larger 500g bottle to use when your existing one runs out to keep your home water distiller performing at its best.
Why you need Water Distiller Cleaning Crystals:
- Clean all residue left over from the distillation process
- Keep your Water Distiller in the best condition possible
- Ensure your home Water Distiller keeps producing 99.99% pure water
- Large 500g size means your Water Distiller Cleaning Crystals will last much longer
How often should you clean your water distiller?
You should clean your distiller after each distillation with a non-stick, non-scratch cleaner sponge and use the cleaning crystals every 1-2 weeks to get rid of the scale. You will need to clean your distiller more often if you live in a hard water area (you can check it here). A big scale build-up will stop your distiller heating the water properly and can cause a damage to your distiller - keep it clean.
What is the residue cleaner used for?
It effectively removes stubborn residue left after water distillation and can be used for other household scaling problems, e.g. kettle.
That are the ingredients?
The water distiller cleaning crystals are made mainly of citric acid monohydrate which is found in all plants, especially in limes and lemons.
How long does it last?
It depends how often you clean the water distiller. We recommend using 2 tablespoons per clean.
We charge VAT sales tax at 20% on all purchases made within the UK. If you are outside this area VAT is not charged. By default all prices shown include VAT. If you live outside the UK your VAT will be deducted during the checkout process and before you make payment.
Within the UK, shipping rates are based on weight and vary from £1.95 for small, light items like charcoal filters up to £4.99 for a Water Distiller. Shipping is added during the checkout process and before you make payment. We ship internationally and for non-UK customers your shipping rate comes up during the checkout process and before you make payment. If you are outside of the UK you will be liable for a customs and handling charge which you will have to pay before you receive your goods. This charge will vary depending on the receiving country.
1. What does a water distiller remove?
Distillation effectively removes inorganic compounds such as metals, nitrate, and other nuisance particles such as iron and hardness from a contaminated water supply. The boiling process also kills microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses.
2. Does distillation process remove fluoride?
Yes, it does.
3. Does water distiller remove bacteria?
Distilled water is the purest water available. Distillation process removes contaminants like bacteria, viruses, protozoa like giardia and chemicals like lead and sulphates.
4. Do I need to use the charcoal filters?
The charcoal filters out volatile organic compounds (VOCs), things like pesticides and solvents. Apart from removing these nasty chemicals, the charcoal filtration also makes the water taste better.
5. Does the distiller come with the charcoal filters?
Yes, it does. It has a pack of 6 filters included as standard.
It comes complete with:
• 1x 4 Litre Jug with a lid
• 1x Activated carbon holder (nozzle)
• 6x Carbon Sachets,
• 1x 250g bottle of residue cleaner
• Power cord
• Full instruction and UK Power Lead (EU lead also available).
6. Is the filter hard to remove/change?
No, you just click off the nozzle, take out the old carbon filter bag, put in the new one and click the nozzle back on. It’s very easy. You can also use two carbon filter bags in there at once for a bit stronger filtering (advised in hard water areas).
7. Why does the water taste different?
Pure distilled water tastes different to normal tap water and sometimes it takes a little bit of getting used to. Believe me, when you are used to it, tap water suddenly tastes disgusting!
8. Where's the jug?
Inside the distiller.
9. How much does distillation cost?
25p a litre.
10. Do water distillers use a lot of electricity?
The average water distiller uses around 3 kilowatt hours to make 4 litres of distilled water. This equates to an average electricity cost of 34p per kilowatt hour, therefore each litre of distilled water costs around 25p to make.
11. What’s the power consumption in watts?
12. Can I use it for 220v?
No, this is a 230-240V machine with a 3 pin plug.
13. Can I use a UK to EU plug adapter to run the machine?
It is recommended that you don't use adapters because the machine run time is 5-6 hours.
14. How do I select a distiller with a EU plug?
We automatically send out EU plug versions to the relevant countries.
15. How long does it take to distil?
Usually, 5-6 hours for 4 litres of water.
16. Do I have to add electrolytes to distilled water?
It’s down to personal preference.
17. Is it cheaper to buy or make distilled water with a water distiller?
Long terms it is cheaper to make distilled water with a home water distiller. You are also doing your bit for the planet by not buying plastic bottles.
18. Do you get a 2-year warranty?
Yes, the water distiller comes with a 2-year warranty.
19. What is the nozzle made of?
The nozzle is ceramic. The distilled water has very little contact with any plastic.
20. Is the glass jug made of borosilicate?
Yes, it is borosilicate glass.
21. Can hot water be used to start the distillation?
Yes, you can add hot water to the distiller. It will slightly reduce the distillation time.
22. How much space does this take up when in use?
The distiller and jug together measure approximately 47 cm in depth.
23. Does this water distiller come with a user manual?
Yes the user manual is inside the box.
24. The glass jar has a lid, what material the lid is made from?
The lid is plastic (polypropylene), but there is no contact with the water that drops into the jar.
The 316 Marine Grade stainless steel water distiller is made of a higher grade of stainless steel than the normal 304 grade that standard Megahome Distillers are made from. With 316 stainless steel you could actually distill seawater.
The 316 is the same in all other aspects to the regular Deluxe and Professional Megahome Distillers. It is the only drinking water distiller made from 316 stainless steel in the world. If you want the best distiller available or if you may distill water from an unsafe source then the 316 is the right distiller for you.
- 316 marine grade stainless steel - safe, durable and easy to clean.
- 2 years manufacturer's warranty.
- Kills/removes all viruses, bacteria, VOCs, dissolved solids (including fluoride) - removes 99.8% of all contaminants.
- Produces 4 litres of absolutely pure water in five to six hours.
- Unit has automatic shut-off at end of distillation.
- Only two buttons: white button turns the distiller on, black turns it off. Can be turned off at any time.
- Suitable for home, hospital, dental clinic, lab, office.
Pay in 3 interest-free payments when choosing PayPal during the checkout. Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. No sign-up fees or late fees.